Open for Applications: College of Science Graduate Office
The College of Science Graduate Office opens the applications for academic year 2019-2020. IESM’s courses are included. Deadline of application is on 15th of April 2019 . Kindly visit their website for more information.
Preliminary Comprehensive Exam for PhD Env Sci
This is the schedule of the Preliminary Comprehensive Exam for the students under PhD Environmental Science program:
April 3: Atmosphere
April 5: Hydrosphere
April 8: Geosphere
April 10: Biosphere
April 12: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
Please be guided accordingly.
To those who wanted to reserve their schedule for the Comprehensive Exam, kindly email the admin office thru email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Feb 28. Thank you.
PhD Meteorology/Environmental Science Option 3 (Research) is now open for applications
The PhD in Meteorology and PhD in Environmental Science Option 3 is a new option intended specifically for MS graduates. The new program option will benefit the students by providing necessary knowledge and skills to be more responsive to the current scientific and environmental issues.
Compared to the existing one, the option differs in the amount of required research work and with no course work.
1. A graduate of an MS Environmental Science (PhD Environmental Science) and MS Meteorology (PhD Meteorology) or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 24 units of graduate course
2. At least one (1) publication in the field of Environmental Science (PhD Env Sci) or Meteorology (PhD METEO) in the last five years in a peer-reviewed journal (e.g. Web of Science/Scopus indexed) in which the applicant is the primary author, as defined by the Institute.
3. Passing assessment examinations, and interview process administered by the Institute.
4. Presentation of a capsule proposal for dissertation research and acceptance of a faculty member of the Institute as prospective dissertation advisee; and
5. Passing an English Proficiency Test (a score 6.5 on the International Language Testing System (IELTS) Test or the equivalent in alternative English Language qualifications approved by the University Policy)for foreign applicants whose medium of instruction in the previous degree programs is not English.
1. Complete the Graduate program application form and recommendation forms.
2. Follow the instructions stated in the application form and submit it together with the stated requirements to the College of Science, Graduate Office.
Here is the link to the downloadable forms: http://www.science.upd.edu.ph/index.php/academics/go.